Information on how Suffolk is dealing with heavy snow
Suffolk County Council's gritting teams are out again today treating the county's A and B roads followed by bus and commuter routes.
It follows an night of gritting A roads.
Overnight, snow fall was heaviest in western and central parts of Suffolk, with significant drifting in exposed areas, so the county council has mobilised local farmers to help clear roads in rural areas.
The county has some further resources moving into larger town centres.
All of Suffolk's main A roads remain passable but motorists are being warned to proceed with care.
Suffolk police said there were 67 incidents reported on roads overnight between 10pm last night and 10am today but none were serious and were mainly minor shunts with no reported injuries as vehicles slid off road
The county council has opened all 11 household waste recycling centres from 11am today.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
They will be open until 4pm.
Due to difficult driving conditions, customers are being asked to use the sites only if necessary.
The Community Recycling Centres in Newmarket, Southwold and Chelmodiston will be closed today. The sites in Beccles, Bramford and Brome are open and will close at 4pm.
If the county council is notified of any school closures, its dedicated website will be updated.
Visit http://schoolclosures.suffolk.gov.uk/ tomorrow morning for information.