Giant inflatable obstacle course Gung-Ho! arrives in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
You might be a fan of ParkRun, or simply love jogging by the river. But today, Norwich's runners are being treated to a 5k with a difference.
Gung-Ho! - a 5k running event complete with an inflatable obstacle course and waterslide - arrived in the city's Earlham Park this morning.
The event, at UEA, ran from 9am to 2pm and saw participants run, jump, and bounce across 10 giant inflatable obstacles, as it was held in Norwich for the first time.
Gung-Ho! is open to all, from the seriously fit to those looking for some serious fun.
And while the day started out with showers, the sun came out by midday, with runners cooling off as they skidded down the giant waterslide that finished off the course.
You may also want to watch:
One family travelled from King's Lynn to take part, with four runners and two supporters. They said the trip was worth it.
Jennifer Neville said the best bit was the obstacles.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
'Finn's been on the last one about five times while we've been in the queue.'
Ryan Smith added: 'It's a great thing for Norwich, it'd be good if it came back.'
Another had been fundraising for Children in Need, John, Ella, Max and Adam Chapman and Daisy Woodgate raised around £100 for the charity,
John Chapman said: 'The organisation today has been good. We've had to queue for a few things but we've known where we're going and what we're doing.
'We've had a really fun day.'