Indian restaurants curry favour to be named Brandon’s favourites
- Credit: Archant
Two Indian restaurants have curried favour with the residents of a market town to be named its favourite eateries.
After trading places in the competition over the last three years, Asghar and Brandon Tandoori have been crowned joint winners of 'Brandon's Favourite Restaurant' after receiving the same number of votes.
A total of 737 votes were cast in the 2016 competition, with Asghar and Brandon Tandoori taking 269 votes each.
Italian restaurant Mondragone was the runners up with 132 votes.
The annual competition gives the residents of Brandon the chance to choose their favourite eatery by casting their vote through the town's website, BrandonSuffolk.com.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Hawkins, who runs the website, said: 'This is the first time we have had a joint win in the competition and we would like to congratulate both restaurants.
'We have had more than double the number of votes cast this year compared to last year and once again our thanks go out to all those that took the time to vote.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
'Our yearly award continues to highlight those establishments that go the extra mile for their customers.'
Brandon Tandoori took the top prize in 2013 and 2014 with Asghar stealing their crown last year to take first place.