Woman dies after fall from multi-storey car park
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A woman has died after falling from a multi-storey car park in Norwich city centre.
Emergency services were called to St Andrew’s Car Park at 1.25pm on Tuesday, April 6 following concerns for the safety of a woman.
A police spokesman said a short time later the woman fell from the building and died at the scene.
Police officers could be seen inside a side entrance off St Andrew’s Street to a site at the rear of the council-run car park which first opened in 2005.
Three ambulances and an East Anglian Air Ambulance response vehicle also attended the incident.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Police said a file will be prepared for the coroner ahead of an inquest which will take place in due course.
- 1 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 2 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 3 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 4 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 5 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 6 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 9 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 10 Family lose 'lifeline' van in fire