In Pictures: Remember these roadworks in Norwich city centre?
- Credit: EDP / Archant 2003
It feels like roadworks have been going on forever in Norwich city centre at the moment and these photos prove it! Here's a look back at some of the traffic problems previously faced in the city between 1990 and 2010.
• Improvements between King Street and Rose Lane caused delays in 1990.
• In 1995 a burst water main meant trouble for drivers on Heartsease Lane.
• Road resurfacing on All Saints Green caused traffic to build up outside Bonds in March 1997.
• The Hindle family were particularly frustrated in 1999 by roadworks on Earlham Road.
You may also want to watch:
• Roadworks on Prince of Wales Road back in 2001 prompted lots of long queues.
• Traffic jams were a regular occurrence on Mile Cross Road in 2002.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
• In 2004 drivers on Rose Lane were once again inundated with disruptions.
• Red Lion Street and Timber Hill were caught up in the roadworks that took place on Farmers Avenue back in 2005.
• Work was carried out outside Delaney's Irish Bar (now St Andrews Brew House) on St Andrews Street and along St George's Street in 2007.
• A series of work was undertaken on Cattle Market Street in 2008 outside Crystal House, which at the time was home to model store, but today houses Warings Furniture and Cafe. Several more improvement works took place throughout the city between January and November as part of a plan to manage transport issues effectively and make Norwich a more modern and 'liveable' city.
• How big of an impact have roadworks in the city had on you? Let us know in the comments below.