In Pictures: How Norfolk used to post...
PUBLISHED: 11:27 18 October 2015 | UPDATED: 11:27 18 October 2015
Postal services, from country post offices and town head offices to individual deliveries, are the archive theme this week.
From the Archive: Posting pictures
Unveiling the mural at Yarmouth head post office in May 1962 Picture: EDP Library
Mundesley Post Office in March 1967. Picture: EDP Library
Mark Watlow posts a letter in a Victorian post box at Yarmouth in October 1969. Picture: Archant/EDP Library
A coding machine at King's Lynn Post Office in October 1981 Picture: Archant/EDP Library
Salthouse Post Office Store in November 1983. Picture: Archant/EDP Library
East Bradenham Post Office in July 1985. Picture: Archant
A Hindringham resident posting a letter in a box attached to the signpost at Knoll Corner on 31 August 1950. Photo: Archant
With a daily round of 15 miles, Miss AN Woods, postwoman at Lakenheath, had many a lonely cycle journey around the Fens. Here she is delivering mail to Stillode Farm, Lakenheath in April 1953 and has time for a word with Mrs DM French. Photo: Archant
A Victorian post box on the junction of London Street and Gentlemen's Walk in Norwich in June 1961. Photo: Archant
The only "twin" post box in Norwich on Rosary Road was put there in July 1930 to deal with the heavy postings from nearby council offices. Pictured in August 1962. Photo: Archant
We’ve delved into the EDP library to bring you photos from all corners of Norfolk which show how important post boxes and post offices are.
•Click through the gallery to see some beautiful photos form the EDP archive.
•See more in the “From our Archives” feature in the EDP every Saturday in association with Marie Curie.