Immersive pantomime gives children their first taste of the theatre
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Glass slippers were at the ready when a trio of actor-musicians took to the stage yesterday, for the first view of a pantomime targeted at young children.
My First Panto: Cinderella is being staged by The Garage, Norwich, and All-In Productions, and aims to give children between two and five their first taste of the theatre.
And with a cast of just Rosalind Burt, Lloyd Gorman and Joey Herzfeld, the children are made to feel at the centre of the fairytale - especially when they are called on to get involved with such magical moments as a giant conga line all the way to the ball or to dance with Prince Charming and Cinderella themselves.
It is a storyline children will be familiar with but the cast spent time with The Garage's toddler dance class to make sure the show was engaging and exciting for the children.
And even before the show hit the stage young fans were involved in designing the beautiful dress worn by Cinderella as she stepped into her pumpkin coach to the grand ball.
You may also want to watch:
This research put them in good stead, with the audience primed to get hands on to help Cinders to clean up the messy house, or find ingredients to help the Fairy Godmother's spells.
Ms Burt said: 'We have had such joy putting together a piece of theatre for all the family to enjoy. It is full of glorious storytelling and playful moments with our audience.'
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
Lloyd Gorman will be playing the Fairy God Brother, Prince Simon and the ugly sister Kylie while Joey Herzfeld will be playing Buttons and the ugly sister Miley.
My First Panto: Cinderella opens at The Garage, in Chapelfield North, Norwich, today, Friday, December 9.
Some shows have already sold out and so extra 10.30am performances have now been added on Friday, December 16, Tuesday, December 20 and Friday, December 23, and extra 1.30pm shows take place on Tuesday, December 13 and Monday, December 19. The show lasts 50 minutes.
Tickets cost £10 for adults and £6 for children. Under ones are free.
To book, call the box office on 01603 598646 or visit www.thegarage.org.uk