Ikea reveals November opening date and opening times for new Norwich store
Ikea will open its new store in Norwich at the beginning of November, the furniture chain confirmed on Monday.
The 'Order and Collection Point' on Sweet Briar Retail Park will open its doors on Monday November 2 and will be the first of its kind in the UK.
It will be open from 10am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm on Saturdays and from 10.30am to 4.30pm on Sundays.
Ikea said there would not be any 'opening offers'.
The store will act 'primarily as a planning studio to plan complex purchases such as kitchens, wardrobes and sofas'.
It will not carry the full product range to take home but customers will be able to order from the online range for home delivery or for collection at the collection point.
There will also be a café with WiFi and Swedish food products for sale, including frozen meatballs.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 8 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
Store manager Roger Cooper said: 'We are delighted to be bringing this unique version of Ikea to East Anglia this November.
'Today customers in the region shop with us online but they have to travel considerable distances to our Lakeside or Milton Keynes stores to see the range or get advice from our co-workers. The Order and Collection Point is a fantastic opportunity to connect all the ways you can shop with us in one place, right here in Norwich.
'We have had a lot of positive feedback on Ikea's arrival in the area and so we expect the first few weeks will be quite busy. We look forward to welcoming new and existing customers to the Order and Collection Point over the coming months.'
Order and Collection development manager Jack Jackson said: 'We are so excited to be opening the UK's first Order and Collection Point in Norwich. Given the unique format, we have been able to bring the IKEA product range and experience to a new market more quickly than ever before.'
Ikea first announced plans to trial the new format store in Norwich in June 2015 and after gaining access to the site in late July.