If you saw someone struggling would you help? Watch as Norwich shoppers are put to the test
- Credit: Archant
If you saw someone struggling, would you stop and help them?
When asked this question most people would say yes, but in reality it appears very few are able to turn their words into actions.
We conducted a social experiment to find out how the public would react when faced with this situation.
An actor, named David, visited Norwich Castle Mall and pretended to struggle up a flight of stairs, grimacing and showing clear signs of being in pain.
He was also sent out with a shopping bag, which broke, causing all of his items to fall to the floor.
For the first half an hour, nobody made any attempt to help him. People walked around him and looked on as he struggled.
However after a while, a few people stepped up and offered support.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
Could you care?
There are a wide selection of care jobs currently available on Jobs24, including nursing, mental health, social work and pharmacy positions.
Kick start your career in caring today by visiting jobs24.co.uk