If you saw someone struggling would you help? Watch as Norwich shoppers are put to the test
- Credit: Archant
If you saw someone struggling, would you stop and help them?
When asked this question most people would say yes, but in reality it appears very few are able to turn their words into actions.
We conducted a social experiment to find out how the public would react when faced with this situation.
An actor, named David, visited Norwich Castle Mall and pretended to struggle up a flight of stairs, grimacing and showing clear signs of being in pain.
He was also sent out with a shopping bag, which broke, causing all of his items to fall to the floor.
You may also want to watch:
For the first half an hour, nobody made any attempt to help him. People walked around him and looked on as he struggled.
However after a while, a few people stepped up and offered support.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
Could you care?
There are a wide selection of care jobs currently available on Jobs24, including nursing, mental health, social work and pharmacy positions.
Kick start your career in caring today by visiting jobs24.co.uk