Body pulled from river confirmed as missing man
- Credit: Archant
The body found in a river in Suffolk has been confirmed as missing man Balys Zemaitis.
Suffolk Police confirmed Mr Zemaitis was found dead by a member of the public in the River Little Ouse in Brandon on Thursday, December 20.
The 54-year-old man, of Station Road, Thetford, had been last seen at 5am on Wednesday, October 17 last year.
Officers said the death of Mr Zemaitis was not being treated as suspicious and said next of kin have been informed and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
Residents living nearby on Riverside Way speaking the day after his body was found said the discovery was shocking.
You may also want to watch:
One woman, who wished to remain anonymous, said: 'It is very quiet around here. People take their dogs down the tow path, I take my dog down there. 'For such a quiet little town it is frightening and a bit shocking.'
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 I don't watch Strictly but I'm in love with 'beacon of hope' Bill Bailey
- 7 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 8 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 9 'False start' for restaurants as some stay closed after lockdown
- 10 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule