Body pulled from river confirmed as missing man
- Credit: Archant
The body found in a river in Suffolk has been confirmed as missing man Balys Zemaitis.
Suffolk Police confirmed Mr Zemaitis was found dead by a member of the public in the River Little Ouse in Brandon on Thursday, December 20.
The 54-year-old man, of Station Road, Thetford, had been last seen at 5am on Wednesday, October 17 last year.
Officers said the death of Mr Zemaitis was not being treated as suspicious and said next of kin have been informed and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
Residents living nearby on Riverside Way speaking the day after his body was found said the discovery was shocking.
You may also want to watch:
One woman, who wished to remain anonymous, said: 'It is very quiet around here. People take their dogs down the tow path, I take my dog down there. 'For such a quiet little town it is frightening and a bit shocking.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk