‘I thought for a minute it was a hoax’ - great-grandmother wins £1,000 in EDP competition
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Great-grandmother Velma Cousins could not believe her luck when she scooped £1,000 in an EDP competition.
The 87-year-old, of Bawburgh, was lost for words when she answered the phone and discovered she had won.
Readers had collected six special tokens printed in their EDP, answered a quiz question and sent them in to us as part of the Win A Grand promotion.
'I thought for a minute it was a hoax,' said the retired office worker.
'You never know – I just couldn't believe it.
You may also want to watch:
'I do the puzzles and the competitions sometimes just for the joy of doing them.'
She added that she and her friend Brenda Bell often entered competitions together, and they hoped to take a short holiday together with the winnings.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 10 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
Mrs Cousins' entry was one of more than 2,000 sent in to the EDP.