Hyundai enhancing i10 with big-car technology
- Credit: Hyundai
Hyundai's successful i10 city car has been enhanced with new advanced active safety and connectivity features from the segments above, as well as modern design refinements.
Tony Whitehorn, president and CEO of Hyundai Motor UK, said: 'New i10 showcases strong build quality and our passion for detail, while also including many features from the segments above. The impressive package has made the i10 one of the best-selling cars in its class and popular with customers across the UK – a success story that the new i10 is set to carry on.'
New i10, which debuts at the Paris Motor Show early next month, comes with many design refinements for a more emotionally appealing look, including debuting the brand's new signature cascading front grille, new bumper styling, round LED daytime running lights and rear fog lamps, revised side mouldings and restylined 14in wheels.
Inside, the new i10 comes with a new shade of red cloth and customers can now also choose from blue and black interior colours on all trims.
Suspension and steering has also been tweaked to enhance ride and handling but it retains proven 1.0 and 1.25-litre petrol engines with five-speed manual as standard or four-speed automatic gearboxes.
You may also want to watch:
Responding to customer demand for single connectivity features, the range-topping i10 includes the latest connectivity features, all integrated into the new seven-inch touch screen navigation system. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto guarantee seamless integration, safe operation and mirrored functionality of mobile devices based on iOS or the Android operating system. In order to be up-to-date at any time, its navigation system comes with a seven-year free subscription to Live Services, offering real-time traffic conditions, local weather and points of interest as well as the position of speed cameras in countries where this is permitted. Customers do not even have to choose: New i10 is the only car in its class to offer Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and LIVE Services in a single infotainment system.
In terms of safety, it comes with two advanced features, optional on most trims, to actively avoid accidents, both based on the new multi-functional camera – front collision and lane departure warning systems.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
Up to five people fit into the roomy interior and it boasts a segment-leading 252-litre boot.