Husband and wife team celebrates 25 years of running restaurants in Norwich
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Husband and wife team Nigel and Jayne Raffles are celebrating a quarter of a century in the restaurant industry in Norwich.
The duo have been behind a number of well known restaurants in the city over the last 25 years.
They first started in St Benedict's Street with St Benedict's Grill, which later became St Benedict's Restaurant, and Pinocchio's, before opening the vegetarian café bar Pulse and The Library Restaurant, both in Guildhall Hill.
Mr Raffles, who is the chef, said: 'It is a long time in a competitive and always changing, fast paced industry.'
They are nowadays focussing on The Library Restaurant, which previously housed the city's former Norfolk and Norwich Subscription Library, one of the oldest subscription libraries in England.
They said they pride themselves on working with local suppliers and businesses and that they felt it was important to listen to feedback from diners about their menus. They are also keen to run specialist evenings, and for 2017 have plans for Mr Raffles to run quarterly cooking demonstrations and for the restaurant to host evenings with visiting wine producers.
Mrs Raffles said: 'On a personal note being married to a chef and business partner certainly leads to an interesting challenge, the phrase never a dull moment springs to mind.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 7 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 8 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 New Burger King site approved in city centre
'As the New Year begins we look forward to more years of trading in this beautiful city of Norwich which is very much our home.'
As part of Mr and Mrs Raffles' 25th anniversary celebrations, they are offering 25pc off food for 25 days in 2017 at The Library Restaurant. For more details, visit www.thelibraryrestaurant.co.uk