Hunting barn owl scoops The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This incredible wildlife close-up shot capturing a barn owl mid-hunt has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The epic photograph was taken by 34-year-old Martin Crossman, from Lowestoft.
He said: 'I patiently waited hidden up in a hedgerow after spotting the owl hunting.
'Fortunately it flew directly towards me, I held out as long as possible to take the shot and was rewarded with this.
'Barn owls are my favourite birds and this one just stood out with the mood of the photo.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Crossman receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab