Hunt is on for best dressed window in Norwich
The Retail Skills Academy has launched the second run of its window display competitions to find the best dressed shop window in Norwich.
The competition is run in conjunction with Norwich Fashion Week, which takes place from Thursday, September 22 until Thursday, September 29 and will see retailers working with students from the Retail Skills Academy in Norwich to create eye-catching window designs that celebrate fashion in the city.
Head of the Retail Skills Academy in Norwich, Sue Dougal, says that the competition is a great opportunity for retailers to get some fresh ideas for their window designs: 'The window display competition is open to all retailers in the city giving them the opportunity to attract more customers with different designs and eye catching displays.
'The competition gives a student wanting to get into the retail industry invaluable experience and gives the retailer the opportunity to win a Mary Portas Masterclass at the academy.'
Vanilla, pictured above, on Ipswich Road won the award at Norwich Fashion Week back in February and this time the independent fashion retailer will be one of the judges along with Jarrold VM manager Jane Evans and Ms Dougal.
You may also want to watch:
Retailers wishing to enter should contact email@example.com with their name, name of their store and contact details by Thursday, September 1. Judging will take place on September 19 and the winner will be announced at the Norwich Fashion Week launch fashion show at Fusion at The Forum on Thursday, September 22.
Keep reading the Life Matters pages over the next month for details on the events taking place throughout Norwich Fashion Week or visit the Norwich Fashion Week website at www.eveningnews24.co.uk/nfw.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
You can also follow us on the Life Matters Facebook page www.facebook.com/norwich.life or Twitter at @NorwichFashion
PHOTO: BILL SMITH