Hunt for missing ring in Norwich gets more than 2,000 shares online
- Credit: Archant
The search for a missing ring in Norwich has amassed more than 2,000 shares on social media as wide-eyed residents try to find the beloved jewellery.
Carolyn Emblen posted on Facebook about the missing ring, which her stepmother lost on a shopping trip in Norwich.
Pat Pope went to a number of shops before noticing that she had lost a white bag which contained the ring.
It is a gold signet ring with a black stone which belonged her husband, Derek Pope, before his death earlier this year. The ring is too big for her to wear but she keeps it on her as a memory.
The 98-year old went to Boots, John Lewis and Marks and Spencer among other shops in the fine city.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Emblen said: 'She has been totally upset ever since but people have been such a help, it's amazing.'
If found ring Mrs Emblen 01953 488837.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church