Hunt for missing ring in Norwich gets more than 2,000 shares online
- Credit: Archant
The search for a missing ring in Norwich has amassed more than 2,000 shares on social media as wide-eyed residents try to find the beloved jewellery.
Carolyn Emblen posted on Facebook about the missing ring, which her stepmother lost on a shopping trip in Norwich.
Pat Pope went to a number of shops before noticing that she had lost a white bag which contained the ring.
It is a gold signet ring with a black stone which belonged her husband, Derek Pope, before his death earlier this year. The ring is too big for her to wear but she keeps it on her as a memory.
The 98-year old went to Boots, John Lewis and Marks and Spencer among other shops in the fine city.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Emblen said: 'She has been totally upset ever since but people have been such a help, it's amazing.'
If found ring Mrs Emblen 01953 488837.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 'Our best ever year': The businesses booming as lockdown lifts
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP