Hunstanton set for Lifestyles Festival
Organisers of an extreme sports festival are celebrating after an annoucement that a national kitesurfing tournament will return to Hunstanton in the summer.
The coastal town's Lifestyles Festival has rapidly become the region's biggest extreme sports festival since its launch in 2005.
But there were fears that the popular National Kitesurfing Freestyle Championships might not return for this year's event.
Last night, however, event organiser Tony Devenish confirmed the country's top extreme sportsmen and women will be returning to Hunstanton for the festival.
The Lifestyles Festival will run for three days from July 15 and Mr Devenish, sport development officer for West Norfolk Council, is looking forward to this year's event.
He said: 'We are already hard at work putting together a line up for 2011 that's even bigger and better with more extreme sports events, demonstrations, and workshops than ever before.
'Last year's event was fantastic with awesome weather and biggest turn out yet but with growing numbers and continued support, this year promises to be an event with an extreme line up to watch out for.'
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 5 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 6 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 7 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
At last year's event people got the chance to take part in skateboarding, BMX, inline skating, climbing, street dance, graffiti, power kiting and windsurfing workshops.
A popular VW Beetle show is also set to return to the festival again to take place on The Green with VW owners from across the country arriving in the town.
Mr Devenish added that a new look website with details of all the action lined up for the festival will be launched soon.