Penguins arrive at new £75,000 home
- Credit: Archant
Complete with plenty of sand, rocks and a pool, this brand new enclosure has everything a penguin looks for in a home.
And members of the latest colony to arrive in Norfolk - including the imaginatively named Fluffy McFluffy Face - seemed pretty content with their £75,000 new digs.
The larger enclosure has been built at Hunstanton's Sea Life Sanctuary to house the new additions, who arrived from Scarborough, Holland, Belgium and Weymouth to join the existing Humboldt family.
It grows the original colony from 10 birds to more than 20.
Lead aquarist Natalie Emmerson said: 'We are all very excited to welcome the new birds and hope they will bond well with our original colony.
You may also want to watch:
'Several of the birds, including Fluffy McFluffy Face, our first penguin chick who was born at the sanctuary last year hasn't found a partner yet and we have high hopes the new females will be interested.'
The penguin enclosure will officially open to visitors on Thursday, March 29.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online