Hunstanton residents evacuated after fire breaks out in block of flats
- Credit: Archant
Three fire crews were at the scene of a house fire in Hunstanton.
People were evacuated from a block of flats after a fire broke out.
It is believed to have been caused by a cigarette butt left on a sofa accidentally.
Firefighters cleared the building on Chiltern Crescent, in Hunstanton, at around 11.30pm on Wednesday, December 30.
A man was treated for smoke inhalation and was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital. His condition is not believed to be life threatening.
A fire engine from Hunstanton arrived at 11.26pm, followed by crews from Heacham and Sandringham. While wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used hoses, a hydrant and jets to put out the flames.
People were allowed back into their homes between midnight and 1am.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
The police and ambulance service were also at the scene.
More to come