Allotments set for bumper open day
- Credit: Archant
Green-fingered gardeners will welcome visitors as they throw open the gates for their annual open day.
Plot holders on Hunstanton's Northfields Allotments are staging their annual open day on Sunday, August 19.
There will be fresh produce on sale, along with stalls and other attractions.
Club chairman Paul Emerson said: 'Open day is an important event for us, when we welcome visitors to our site.
'You can come and buy some produce, chat to members about what having an allotment is all about, or even sign up for the waiting list to get you own plot.'
You may also want to watch:
People of all ages from 12 nationalities all enjoy growing fruit and vegetables, in a community where everyone pitches in and friendships are cultivated as well as the gardens.
The event runs from 10.30am to 3pm. Parking will be sign-posted at Glebe House School in Cromer Road.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer