Cliff fall man arrested on suspicion of woman's murder
- Credit: Chris Gordon
A man found at the foot of cliffs with serious injuries has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The 54-year-old man was airlifted to hospital after being found at Old Hunstanton on Thursday morning. As he was being winched off the beach by a coastguard search and rescue helicopter, police found the body of a woman at an address in Leicester.
Police have yet to name the woman, who was found dead at a property in Tennis Court Drive at around 10.30am. The 49-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene, having suffered a head injury.
The man found on a beach with life-threatening injuries is believed to have fallen from a cliff and remains in hospital in a serious condition. Over the weekend, detectives said they were linking the two incidents.
Det Chief Insp Joe Banfield, from East Midlands Special Operations Unit (EMSOU), who is leading the investigation, said: "Although an arrest has been made, our investigation continues to determine the exact circumstances surrounding the death.
"I would still like to hear from anyone who may have any information related to this incident."
The rescued man was found at around 9am near the lighthouse and cliff top cafe. The RNLI hovercraft was launched and the cliff top car park sealed off as he was strapped to a stretcher ready to be winched to safety.
After being brought up to the car park, the man was treated by paramedics before being flown to Addenbrooke's Hospital by air ambulance.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK