Hunstanton businessman and councillor Richard Searle will be remembered at a charity evening at King’s Lynn Town Hall
West Norfolk Mayor Zipha Christopher and her charity committee are staging a special tribute night of music and humour in memory of Richard Searle.
Mr Searle, who was chairman of Hunstanton-based Searles Leisure Group, died on March 14, aged 66, on a flight back from holiday.
Mr Searle, who was made an MBE for his services to the tourism industry, was also a member of Hunstanton town and West Norfolk councils, serving the latter as cabinet member for regeneration.
The tribute night in his memory will be held on Wednesday, May 11 (7.30pm) at the Town Hall, in King's Lynn.
Mr Searle worked tirelessly to raise funds for the Mayor's chosen charity – the West Norfolk Young Carers.
Fellow committee members wanted to acknowledge his hard work with a light-hearted evening to raise funds for this deserving cause.
On the night, there will be a performance from easy-listening band Amazon Dot, featuring singer Gillian Bartlam, singer and songwriter Laura Rimmer, and Trevor Birch on guitar.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 5 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 6 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite
Also appearing on stage will be entertainer Patrick Burke - described as a true country bumpkin, who will relate a tale or two from Norfolk.
Acts will be followed by a traditonal Norfolk supper of Van Pelt's bangers and mash, with apple pie for dessert. There will also be a bar available all evening.
Tickets for the event are priced �15 and can be ordered from the Mayors Parlour, Town Hall, King's Lynn, PE30 5DQ or via 01553 762124.
All procceeds from the evening will go to the charity fund. Cheques for tickets should be made payable to the Mayor's Charity Fund.