Hundreds take part in Thetford Iceni Marathon
- Credit: Andrew Overman
More than 100 people put their racing shoes on for the Thetford Iceni Marathon and Half Marathon.
Starting at the Red Lion on Market Place at 9am on Sunday, September 10, runners were taken on a new route through the town, passing Arlington Way, Bury Road, the Abbey Estate and Butten Island.
Now in its third year, the marathon has seen runners travel from as far as London and Kent to take part.
Organiser Mel Sturman said almost two thirds of visitors have travelled from outside of Thetford to support the marathon runners, adding: 'People are enjoying it and have been really positive.'
The first woman to cross the finish line in the half marathon was Stacey Owen, from Thetford, and first male runner was Konrad Pytlatz, from Norwich.
Coming first in the marathon was Ben Letzer, from Aylsham, and first female runner was Paula Downing, from Sutton on Sea, Lincolnshire.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000