More than 400 runners take part in Marriott’s Way 10k
- Credit: Archant
More than 400 runners took part in the 10th annual Marriott's Way 10km race.
Competitors from across the county entered the race on Sunday (October 7), which started in Aylsham and finished at Reepham Market Place.
The event, which is organised by Broadland District Council, was sponsored by Whitwell and Reepham Station.
The race uses a small section of the 26-mile Marriott's Way footpath, bridleway and cycle route.
Claudette Bannock, member champion for sport at Broadland District Council, said: 'The Marriott's Way 10k race was as popular as ever, with runners coming from all over Norfolk to take part.
You may also want to watch:
'This was the tenth anniversary of the race, which made the day extra special.
'It was also great to see nearly 40 children enjoying the fun run beforehand and I have a feeling some of them could become 10k race champions in the future.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17