Hundreds of youngsters brave wintry weather for cross country finals
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of young runners braved flurries of snow to compete in a competition's cross country finals.
More than 600 pupils took part in the year three to six cross country finals at Gresham's School in Holt on Friday, the second day of this year's Norfolk Winter School Games finals.
Each School Sports Partnership (SSP) team included 80 runners, made up of 10 boys and girls from each year group.
Hundreds of spectators turned out to watch the youngsters brave the cold, with year three students - aged seven to eight - taking on the 1,000-metre course, and the other routes increasing by 200 metres per year group.
The event was supported by sports leaders from Alderman Peel High School.
You may also want to watch:
The games finals continue on Thursday, March 2, when the special school games and primary school swimming gala takes place at the University of East Anglia's Sportspark.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school