Hundreds of runners don red coats and white beards for Thetford Santa Run
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Hundreds of runners dressed as Father Christmas turned out for a 5km challenge in Thetford.
More than 170 runners took on the Santa Run for charity which took them from Guildhall in King Street, around Thetford and back again.
This is the first time a Santa Run has been held in the town as part of the Winter Wonderland weekend.
Organiser Sharon Nash said: 'Thetford has so many green areas just minutes from the town centre so the run was able to take in loads of sights.
'We had the route go back on itself so runners were waving and laughing to each other.'
The event raised around £500 for the Mayor of Thetford Denis Crawford's charity fund which supports various charities.
Mrs Nash added: 'We have raised so much from such a small event, it has been great.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
The run is hoping to return next year.