Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Almost 500 homes and businesses have been affected by a widespread power cut.
A total of 483 customers over 17 postcodes from Attleborough up to Cromer have been affected by a power cut today (Wednesday, May 26).
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 2.18pm after a high voltage overhead electricity line fault.
A total of 10 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
Engineers were on site carrying out investigations at 3pm.
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
"We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 7 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
"Our engineers have been able to divert electricity around the faulty part of the network, restoring power to some customers.
"We know your power may now be back on, however; we'll keep sending text updates to everyone until all the power to your area is on."
Postcodes affected include CB23 5, EN9 1, IP22 3, NG17 2, NR10 3, NR10 5, NR11 8, NR12 0, NR12 9, NR16 1, NR28 0, NR28 9, NR9 4, RM9 6, WD1 8 and WD24 4.
Engineers returned power to residents at 5.50pm.