Hundreds of Hethersett panto costumes to go on sale
More than 40 years of pantomime costumes will go on sale in Hethersett this weekend.
Any members of local amateur dramatics groups, dance troupes or those just interested in picking up an outfit for a fancy costume party are invited to rummage through about 500 colourful hand-made items on Sunday.
The Hethersett Players and Hethersett Pantomime Group will be hosting the unusual sale at the Church Hall, in Henstead Road, between 11am and 2pm.
Matt Bell, head of wardrobe at the pantomime group, said: 'We make a lot of our costumes and we've acquired a lot over the years and our storage is quite limited. We don't really like to use the same customers again but we're reluctant to just throw them away because it seems a waste and we put a lot of hard work into them.'
The costumes on offer range in size, from young children up to adults.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bell added: 'We have quite a few uniforms like army uniforms and clown costumes, as well as animal outfits, so it's a real mixed bag. We have made so much stuff that to be honest it won't be until we lay it all that we'll know what we've got. There's over 40 years worth of costumes so we'd definitely encourage people to come and have a rummage.'
The pantomime group first started in 1970 with a production of Sleeping Beauty. Since then it has raised more than �70,000 for local organisations and charities. Work on this year's production of Dick Whittington will begin in September with performances taking place in January.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 8 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast