Hundreds of Harley riders join celebrations in Sheringham after annual ride out from Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
A welcome party made up of Sheringham carnival's 'royal' family, mayor David Gooch and town crier Andrew Cunningham-Brown greeted some 400 Harley-Davidson riders.
The bikers had started the day in Fakenham for the annual rally of the Fenlanders Chapter of the Harley-Davidson Owner's Group (HOG).
They made their way down Station Road in Sheringham after travelling from Fakenham via Stiffkey, Cley and Weybourne.
Grandparents, parents and youngsters lined the pavements, cheering and waving flags as the convoy made its way towards the seafront.
Mr Gooch said the spectacle was a popular event in the carnival programme, attracting thousands to the town. 'It is fantastic, people love the bikes,' he added. 'Sheringham is one of the few towns that still allows event of this type to take place and as a start to the carnival, it is just wonderful.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital