PICTURES: Hundreds gather for Holt's dazzling Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Alan Palmer
Hundreds gathered for an evening packed with entertainment as Holt's Christmas lights were switched on.
In an event which ushered in the festive season, families and friends created a buzzing atmosphere as they congregated in the town centre on Friday (November 19) evening.
Among the highlights was the increasingly competitive 'panto race', which involved pantomime horses bolting down the High Street.
Now in its fifth year, the race saw 15 horses - made up of two-part horse and one-part handler - vying to win the esteemed Sowerbys Cup.
Each horse was sponsored by a business from Holt.
Throughout the evening, Father Christmas was delighted to welcome children to his grotto, while plenty of delicious food and drink was on offer.
A parade took place at 6.30pm, before the lights themselves were switched on at 7pm and complemented by a stunning fireworks display.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights
Norfolk five-piece, The Walks, provided live music for the remainder of the night.