Human remains found at Catfield identified
Police have confirmed human remains found at a nature reserve are of a 70-year-old man who has been missing for more than a year.
Malcolm Goodman was last seen on September 26 last year when he left the Hamilton House care home in Catfield, near Stalham.
Human remains were found at Catfield Fen on June 23.
Following extensive forensic tests police were finally able to identify the human remains as Mr Goodman today.
Police are not treating his death as suspicious.
At the time he disappeared Mr Goodman was wearing a dirty high visibility jacket, a yellow anorak and blue flared trousers.
When he went missing police became very concerned for Mr Goodman's welfare as he may have been in need of his medication.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 9 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 10 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
In March his son, Justin Goodman, went on BBC One's Missing Live to make a heartfelt plea for information into his father's disappearance.
Mr Goodman had been known to go missing before but normally returned within 24 hours.
At the time he disappeared police said he was mobile for his age and had links to the Stalham, Ludham and Norwich areas.
Police spokeswoman Laura Bagshaw said: 'Officers from Norfolk Constabulary can today confirm the identity of human remains discovered at Catfield.
'The remains were found in an area of nature reserve on June 23 and forensic enquiries have revealed they are that of missing person Malcolm Goodman who was last seen on September 26, 2009. His next of kin have been informed.
There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death and the matter has been passed to the coroner.'