Road closure planned for Cage Lane in Thetford as gas mains replacement works get underway
- Credit: Archant
Gas mains replacement work will mean a central Thetford road will have to be closed for about a week.
Cadent Gas will carry out the work starting on Monday, October 30, replacing aging metal gas mains with new pipes.
The junction of Cage Lane and Raymond Street will be closed during the whole works, and Raymond Street between the junctions with Cage Lane and Nether Row will be closed from Saturday, November 4 to Monday, November 6.
Vince Doggett, authorising engineer, said: 'Replacing these old gas mains will help ensure local Thetford residents keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies.
'The project has been carefully designed to ensure it has as little impact as possible on the area.
'The tough new gas mains which we're installing will last for many decades and reduce the amount of unplanned repairs and maintenance needed on the gas network and the knock-on disruption that can cause for residents and road users.'
Work will also involve the replacement of gas service pipes to some properties in the area.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
Cadent will liaise with these properties to arrange for the work to be done. The work will require a temporary disconnection of the gas supply to each property involved to enable the new pipe to be installed.
People are reminded that they should always ask to see official identification before letting engineers into their property. All Cadent engineers carry official identity cards which should be inspected before access is granted.
To verify an engineer's identity or for more information on the work call 0800 096 5678, more information on Cadent's gas mains replacement work can also be found at www.bettergaspipes.co.uk