New wardens herald busy year ahead at village church
- Credit: Archant
St Andrew's Church in Weybread has two new church wardens following the retirement of Margaret Bensly after many years service.
Gordon Tibbenham and Paula Robinson were sworn in as wardens on May 10 ahead of what is shaping up to be a busy year at the church.
A rogation service will take place on May 21 at 2.30pm, followed by afternoon tea. On June 2 at 2pm there will be prayers at the church, and the annual church picnic will take place at Manor Farm in Weybread on Sunday, August 6.
On August 13 from 2pm to 4pm there will be an afternoon tea at Manor Farm in aid of the church and Macmillan nurses, costing £5 per person.
The South Norfolk Youth Symphonic Band will perform on September 16 at 6.30pm, there will be a harvest festival supper on September 23 at the Weybread Hall Farm Barn and a harvest festival service on Sunday, September 24 at 6.30pm at the church.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a craft fair on November 25 and 26.
Anyone wanting to run a stall can call Sue Webster on 01379 586434.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge