How to make pancakes: Frank’s Bar in Norwich gives us their perfect recipe
- Credit: PA
To celebrate Shrove Tuesday, we asked Frank's Bar on Bedford Street in Norwich for their perfect pancake recipe.
Frank Bar's American-style pancakes topped maple syrup, cinnamon pecans & Greek yogurt
(Makes 5 pancakes)
• 300g of plain flour
• 1 tsp of baking powder
• 2 large eggs
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
• 275ml of milk
• 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
• Maple syrup
• Greek yogurt
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk and egg.
2. Pour the flour mixture into the milk mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add part of the vegetable oil. When it is hot add a ladle of batter. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over an cook until both sides of the pancake are golden brown.
4. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
5. Serve with as much maple syrup, cinnamon pecans and Greek yogurt as you desire.
• You can send us your pancake pictures on Twitter to @EDP24 and @eveningnews