How you can become a councillor for new ‘super district’ council
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being offered the chance to represent their communities in a brand new 'super district' council.
East Suffolk District Council will be formed on April 1 - serving residents, business and communities across Waveney and Suffolk Coastal.
The new 'super district' will be served by 55 councillor across 29 wards.
Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils are hosting two special information events in February open to anyone interested in becoming an East Suffolk councillor, regardless of experience.
Chief executive Stephen Baker said: 'We have a very busy time ahead of us. Our new councillors will have a keen interest in representing and leading their community, and will bring energy and commitment to the new council.'
You may also want to watch:
The information days will take place at Riverside, in Canning Road, Lowestoft on Thursday, February 21, and East Suffolk House, Melton on Friday, February 22.
Thirty minute informal appointments are available between 9am and 4.30pm to book a slot visit eastsuffolk.gov.uk/beacouncillor
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'