How much do you really know about the London Marathon?
- Credit: Photo: Dave Shopland for Virgin Money London Marathon
How much do you know about the London Marathon? Put your knowledge to the test with our multiple choice quiz.
Tomorrow more than 39,000 runners will take to the streets of the capital for the London Marathon.
Sunday's race is predicted to be one of the hottest on record, with temperatures in the city reaching 23C.
The route stretches 26.2 miles, starting south of the river and winding through central London, taking in some of the capital's most famous landmarks.
Runners begin at Blackheath and head east for three miles to Woolwich, before turning west and passing the Cutty Sark. The route then crosses Tower Bridge, looping east around the Isle of Dogs and past Canary Wharf, before heading west through Limehouse, Shadwell and Tower Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The scenic home straight runs alongside the River Thames, taking in Monument, Blackfriars, Waterloo Bridge and Embankment, before bringing runners to the foot of Big Ben in Parliament Square.
The race finishes on the Mall in front of Buckingham Palace.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
This year the race is particularly special as the Queen will be acting as the official starter for the very first time.
She will push the start button at 10am remotely from within the grounds of Windsor Castle.
• How did you do in the quiz? Let us know in the comments below.