How do you like your eggs in the morning? Cereal lovers left baffled by new Weetabix recipe
- Credit: Archant
The recipe on the back of Weetabix boxes suggests switching up breakfast favourite Eggs Benedict by using Weetabix instead of toast as an 'occasional treat'.
The recipe reads: 'Eggs Benedict is originally an American breakfast, but we've made it British by switching a muffin for our nutritious Weetabix.
'As an occasional treat, this breakfast will brighten up those winter mornings, and Weetabix is a healthy source of iron and fibre to compliment the protein in eggs.'
The people at Weetabix are calling new twist Benedict's Eggs.
The serving suggestion uses two weetabix, 2 slices of thinly sliced ham, 2 poached eggs and two tablespoons of Hollandaise sauce.
You may also want to watch:
Needless to say the idea has attracted widespread disgust on Twitter.
Sue Lawrence tweeted: 'Presumed this was a joke....weetabix instead of muffin in Eggs Benedict?! Gagging at thought...'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 5 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 8 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
Andy Stewart tweeted 'Ummmmm, what the actual hell? Eating dry weetabix is like swallowing sandpaper - I can't imagine eggs n ham are gonna disguise that too much'
Would you have your Eggs Benedict on weetabix? Vote in our poll.