Plan for 15 new homes on former farmland
- Credit: Google
Plans to build 15 homes on former farmland in North Lopham, near Diss, have been submitted.
Permission for the homes at Church Farm on Church Road has already been granted in principle, but the finer details of the scheme, such as landscaping, lighting and drainage, still need to be signed off by Breckland District Council.
The council gave permission in 2019 for the demolition of some disused agricultural buildings to make way for the development.
A design for the homes shows that Church Road would be widened to become six metres wide along the frontage of the development.
Four of the homes are planned to be affordable, and two of those four would be shared ownership.
Two of the 15 homes would have two bedrooms, eight would have three and five would have four. Including garages, there would be a total of 37 car parking spaces.
A decision on the scheme is due to be made by March 22 2022.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks