Housing provider to give food donations to Norfolk charities
- Credit: Archant
People in need are to benefit from a Housing Provider's food donations this month.
Employees at Flagship Group have been decorating charity boxes and filling them with food ready to be handed to local organisations.
Sixteen boxes will be delivered throughout December to charities including St Martin's Trust in Norwich, The Woodbridge Salvation Army, Newmarket Open Door, and the Norwich, Mid Norfolk and Thetford Foodbanks.
The boxes, which are full of non-perishable food items, will be given to people in time for Christmas, many of which would go hungry at this time of year.
St Martins Housing Trust will use the food as part of their annual Christmas meal for their service users and other members of the community.
You may also want to watch:
Any surplus food will be given to people using their 'Under-1-Roof' resource centre which aims to provide them with skills they need to help compete for jobs.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C