House suffers extensive damage after car crashes into it in Billockby
- Credit: Archant
A man heard a loud bang when a car crashed into the front of his house.
His house in Billockby Bottom, near Acle, suffered extensive damage when the vehicle smashed into the living room of the cottage.
He was the only one in when he heard the commotion and initially thought the car had gone into the fence.
It was only when he went downstairs that he saw the extent of the damage.
MORE: Car crashes into houseA car was travelling on the A1064 towards Filby on Thursday at about 8.30pm when it came off the road.
Police were on the scene for several hours and fire crews from Acle, Martham and Gorleston also attended and made vehicles and the surrounding area safe.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said it is believed the cause of the crash was driver error.
A structural engineer was due to visit the property on Friday morning.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 5 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 6 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 7 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 8 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 9 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 10 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
No-one was injured in the crash.