Crews tackle house fire in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
Fire crews tackled a house blaze in Langley Walk, Norwich.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service confirmed three fire crews from Earlham, Carrow and Sprowston, were at the scene after receiving reports of a domestic building fire shortly before 9.30pm on Tuesday.
A fire service spokesman said: "Crews wore breathing apparatus and used main jets and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots."
Crews left the scene at 10.40pm.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said officers were called at 9.42pm this evening to assist the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, following reports that a house was on fire.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary road closures are in place on Russell Street, to Heigham Street, while emergency services work at the scene.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash