Houghton, Raynham and Holkham halls host classic car run for Norfolk Hospice
- Credit: IAN BURT
Owners of classic cars are being invited to take part in a classic vehicle run visiting three stately homes to raise funds for a hospice.
The Three Halls Classic Vehicle Run on Sunday, July 24, is being in staged in aid of the Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House.
It gets under way at Houghton Hall, the home of Lord and Lady Cholmondeley, which was built for Britain's first prime minister, Sir Robert Walpole.
Cars will drive across the magnificent grounds with views of thre hall's herd of white fallow deer.
Drivers will then motor down to Raynham Hall, home of Lord and Lady Townshend, who are opening their private estate and grounds for the day, including a champagne reception.
You may also want to watch:
The final destination will be Holkham Hall, home of Lord and Lady Leicester. Drivers will enter the estate through the South Gate, where the vehicles will be paraded down a two mile long drive to the deer park. Cars will then line up for a concours d'elegance.
Mark Shea, commercial director at the Norfolk Hospice, said: 'We're very grateful to all of the individuals and local organisations who have come together to create this wonderful day out for anyone who loves classic vehicles and historic estates. 'The money raised will help individuals with life-shortening conditions live life to the full for as long as possible.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
The entry fee is £20 per vehicle. You can book online now at www.norfolkhospice.org.uk or by calling the event organiser Angela Glynn on 07889 068 953.