Another hot weekend ahead as temperatures creep towards 30C
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The region is set for another hot weekend, with overnight temperatures hovering at 20C and day conditions nearing 30C.
Friday night is likely to remain dry, despite a weather front coming in from the north-west, Norwich-based forecasters Weatherquest said.
It will bring more cloud overnight, which could be thick enough for very light drizzle in some places.
But it is expected to be a warm, muggy night, with temperatures for most of the night staying in the 20Cs and only dipping into the teens towards the very early hours.
Saturday is expected to be another dry day, with some early cloud to break up an otherwise clear day.
You may also want to watch:
There will be some light northerly winds, which will introduce cooler air - though temperatures could still peak at 28C.
Sunday will see much of the same, with some cloud around early on, which should dissipate during the day.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
The inland temperature is expected to be roughly 29C.
But on Monday, and into early next week, temperatures will continue to creep up, with highs of 30C or 31C.