Hot in the city – Suzuki’s Ignis compact crossover on sale in January
- Credit: Suzuki
Suzuki has gone for crossover styling for its latest city car, the Ignis, which goes on sale next month.
Suzuki's all-new Ignis compact city crossover goes on sale next month priced £9,999 for SZ3, £11,499 for SZ-T, £12,999 for SZ5 and 13,999 for SZ5 with four-wheel drive.
It is the second model after the Baleno built on the new platform which creates a spacious cabin for a car just 3.7m long and helps keep weight down to a low of 810kg.
SZ3 can seat five with a fixed rear seat and luggage capacity of 267 litres – the Allgrip rear differential cuts boot capacity to 204 litres. SZ-T and SZ5 models have two individual rear seats, with reclining backrests, that can slide 165mm, to vary luggage capacity and rear legroom.
SZ3 includes six airbags, air conditioning, DAB radio with Bluetooth, 15in wheels, body-colour door mirrors, front electric windows and five seats.
You may also want to watch:
SZ-T adds satellite navigation, rear-view camera, 16in alloy wheels, roof rails, wheel arch extensions and four-seat capacity with individually sliding rear seats. SZ5 adds auto air conditioning, a brake support system to detect lane markings and objects ahead, keyless entry and start, rear electric windows, LED headlghts with daytime running lights and front foglamps.
Power comes from a 90hp 1.2-litre. four-cylinder Dualjet petrol engine, with five-speed manual or automated manual transmission, with CO2 emissions of 104g/km and combined fuel consumption of 61.4mpg.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
Range-topping manual SZ5 is also available with an SHVS mild hybrid version, with manual gearbox. A lightweight integrated starter generator (ISG) which acts as both a generator and starter motor to assist the engine when pulling away and accelerating and produce electricity through regenerative braking.
Ideally suited to a compact car, it sees the front-wheel drive model producing 97g/km of CO2 and 65.7mpg combined.
The Allgrip 4WD system includes hill descent control and grip control which, once switched on, cuts wheelspin by braking wheels individually on slippery surfaces at up to 18mph.
Suzuki plans to sell more than 6,000 Ignis models next year.