This is why there was a hot air balloon in Norwich city centre
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Shoppers were in for a surprise on their Thursday lunch break as a man wearing as a hot air balloon floated down Gentleman's Walk.
Performer Dizzy O'Dare dressed up as Phileas Fogg from Jules Verne's classic novel 'Around the World in Eighty Days' to promote Out There Festival.
The annual celebration of circus and street arts returns to Great Yarmouth town centre from September 14 to 16 with over 100 performers from 10 countries.
The event is completely free and over 50,000 people are expected to attend the festival which this year will mark the 250th anniversary of circus.
Both Great Yarmouth and Norwich have been officially designated as two of the six UK cities of circus.
The big headline event comes from French street arts titans Générik Vapeur who will be returning to Great Yarmouth to collaborate with Gorilla Circus.
READ MORE: Everything you need to know ahead of Out There Festival in Great YarmouthGénérik Vapeur first performed in the town in 2010 with their show 'Bivouac' at Out There festival.
They delighted festival-goers with an eclectic handful of blue men and women running round the streets, accompanied by oil drums, fire and smoke.
- 1 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 2 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 Town faces disruption from roadworks 15 miles away
- 10 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
The festival is also supporting local talent with Great Yarmouth act Dizzy O'Dare and his 'Phileas Fogg Day 79' show which is a hilarious combination of modern technology and 'Around the World in 80 Days'.
Dizzy was handing out flyers all around Norwich on Thursday in the basket of a mini hot air balloon to spread the word.
To see the full Out There Festival programme visit the Out There Festival website.