Hospital staff gear up for Cromer to Crest challenge to mark 150th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Norfolk hospital are gearing up for a 777-mile charity challenge.
The team from Cromer Hospital will be cycling the distance to its twin town, Crest, in southern France.
The static cycle ride is to mark the hospital's 150th anniversary.
The money raised will go towards the Cromer and District Hospital Charitable Fund.
Iain Young, operational manager, is covering a big part of the distance. He said: 'It's going to be a big challenge, but we thought it would be a great way to not only highlight 150 years of Cromer Hospital but also to raise money for the hospital charity.'
You may also want to watch:
The bikes, loaned by Victory Swim and Fitness, will be set up in the atrium at the main hospital and will take during June 19 to 23.
Louise Cook, fndraising manager, said: 'It is a lovely way to celebrate 150 years of providing excellent patient care in north Norfolk, and money raised from this event will help improve facilities for patient and visitor experience at the hospital.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
If you would like to support the Cromer to Crest challenge, visit fundraising page uk.virginmoneygiving.com/thebigcromercycle.
The hospital is also holding a free anniversary fete on June 24 from 10am - 3pm.