Horses on tracks cause rail delays between Norwich and Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Rail delays on the line between Norwich and Great Yarmouth have now cleared after horses got onto the track this evening.
Abellio Greater Anglia said a number of services were either cancelled or running late since 6pm, until the disruption was finally cleared at around 7.45pm.
Due to the incursion some services were forced to run a reduced speed, which had a knock-on effect to later services.
The 4.40pm Norwich to Great Yarmouth service was also delayed at Acle due to a passenger being taken ill.
Compensation is available to some of those affected if delays last over 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
If you are delayed for 30-59 minutes you are entitled to 50pc of the cost of your single ticket, or 50pc of the cost of either the outward or return portion of your return ticket as appropriate.
If you are delayed for over one hour you are entitled to the full cost of your single ticket or 100pc either portion of your return ticket.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
For more information and to claim visit www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk