Horse whisperer who works with the Queen to visit Norfolk college
- Credit: Archant
A renowned horse whisperer, who works closely with the Queen, is to visit a college near Norwich.
Monty Roberts, 82, will visit Easton and Otley College with UK instructor Kelly Marks on Saturday, October 14 to demonstrate his techniques for training horses.
Mr Roberts' career began in the 1940s as a child stunt rider in Hollywood, when he doubled for Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet, and later for James Dean.
But in 1989 he was invited by Queen Elizabeth to give a demonstration at Windsor Castle, and sparked a friendship with the monarch.
Almost 30 years later, he still regularly visits England to work with the Queen's horses, and has written best-selling books.
You may also want to watch:
He is also still an active trainer, and his current schedule includes working with military veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, using horses to bring them comfort.
For information, call 01488 71300.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich