Fire crews rescue a horse stuck in pond
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Fire crews are attempting to rescue a horse which had become stuck in a muddy pond this morning.
The call came in at around 8.30am [Thursday September 9] with reports that had a female horse was stuck in a pond on Holly Lane in Mutford.
Appliances from Wrentham, Beccles and three from Lowestoft south were in attendance.
A spokesman said: “The crew are using small rescue tools to help reach the horse and free her.
“They are attempting to pull the stuck horse out of the pond using strops.”
You may also want to watch:
The horse has been rescued.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 5 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 6 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety