Burnt horse remains found near Thetford bypass
- Credit: Archant
The remains of a small horse were found in the debris of a fire which deliberately lit in a field near Thetford over the weekend.
Firefighters were called to a deliberately lit fire in a field near Thetford over the weekend, in which the remains of a small horse may have been burned.
The incident happened in a field opposite the Fison Way Industrial Estate, between the Mundford Road A1066 and the Thetford Bypass at around 7pm on Saturday. April 22.
A police spokesman said officers attended the scene and once the fire service had extinguished the fire 'the remains of a small horse were found in the debris'.
They added: 'At this time nobody has claimed being the owner of the animal and it is believed the horse had been deceased for some time prior to the fire being set. In the absence of a complainant and an unknown motive, no further police action can be taken at this stage.'
You may also want to watch:
About a dozen horses are being kept on the field.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue spokesman said: 'There was a large amount of rubbish that was burned and hose reel jets and hand appliances were used to extinguish.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
'They believe it was deliberatively lit.'